Thursday, November 20, 2008

Work Pics

Couple more random work pics. These were at the Myles Standish Monument in Duxbury. (Yeah, who knew?) This place is in the middle of the woods, in the middle of no where. The local Police dept. has some radio equipment there in an underground bunker that needed to be looked at, so while I was there I snapped these.



Yeah, the town of Duxbury (or Deluxe-Bury as it's known by some) has so much money to spend, that they put random fire hydrants in the woods. One of the weirdest things I've seen for a while...

4 comments:

Richie said...

Now I'm seeing colors, I'm getting higher....
I think I'll start a forest fire!

the good captain said...

Blasphemy!! Only YOU can prevent forest fires!

Think about the hydrant layout from my perspective...
5000' of 4" hose from a hydrant on a main road, or 50'of 4" hose to supply my engine...

Cain said...

Your logic is understandable. The actual placement of said hydrant in the middle of nowhere is still somewhat boggling. Just not something you see everyday on your nature walks through the woods.

I would've been just as surprised if I had seen a dancing sugar plum fairy selling Boston Red Sox shirts at a kiosk in the middle of the woods..

(Well maybe not THAT surprised)

KnuckleBuster said...

This fire Hydrant brought to you by the good folks at McDonald's