Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Stage One-Alpha

It has begun. The Rolling Nightmare is getting torn down and finally built the way I've wanted since I got it. Since I need to get the frame to Tigman to get hardtailed, I figured I might as well take my time and do the whole bike over. Cleanup, re-wire, paint, etc. It also helps that I now have the luxury of another bike to ride while I work on this one, which is why I couldn't really do this before since the bike was my main mode of 2 wheeled transportation.

Here's what the heads look like after I removed them the other day. From what I can gather, they look pretty normal for having about 12-15K on them. From L to R, rear exhaust, rear intake, front intake, front exhaust. The carbon build up is likely from leaky valve guides (which I knew about). Looks like it may have been running a little lean in the front, but it was running good soooo I dunno? If any of you have any ideas or thoughts about it, please let me know. I just want to make sure that what I'm seeing is relatively normal.



No comments: