Saturday, May 23, 2009

Had To Do It....

Just had to do it, couldn't pass it up. I mean come on, it's Sham-Wow!! Just think of the money I'll save on paper towels alone! Plus they're made in Germany, so they must be good.

Now, if I don't say "WOW" every time, I'm gonna sue Vince's prostitute beating ass for false advertising. You following me camera guy?!

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Last Teaser

Last teaser pic until it's finished. Just to get an idea of what's going on. Keep in mind, that nothing in the picture is bolted tightly or really mounted. I just stuck a few things together for mock up. My seat and tailight are on loan to the Weinerschnitzel, my rear fender is among the missing, and I still need to wire and make some mounts. Overall though, this is pretty close to what it's gonna look like.


Monday, May 18, 2009

Standing On It's Own

Well, the top end is buttoned up and done and I got the bike standing on it's own tonight. I need to have someone help me drop the mill into the frame so I can finish it up (basically the starter parts/housing, genny, and pushrods), do the wiring, and clean it up (left a bunch of smudges and a couple chips in the paint that need touch up)

It'd be great if I could sometime eventually get the rear fender from Front Street so I could actually finish the bike and ride it soon. Not including the fender, I think I'm still on schedule to have this done within a week.


Saturday, May 16, 2009

Today's Progress

Got almost all of the paint done, and slapped a few things together to see how it looks. So far, so good. Me likey. Have to put the frontend together and put the wheels on, then put the motor in the frame and plumb and wire everything.

Almost done....




Thursday, May 14, 2009

Hoseclamps And Hondabond

Got most of the motor back together tonight after work. Put the base gaskets down with a thin coat of Hondabond, and then set the cylinders on. Couldn't find the ring compressor that I needed and I didn't have an extra set of hands, so I used a hose clamp. Worked like a charm. I torqued the cylinders down to spec, and decided to set my manifold and heads on too. 65 ft pounds later, she's ready for the rockers and feeds. I also got the fork lowers painted. Just need to finish up the paint on the frame and then I can get it to a roller so I can drop the motor in.

Fun with Machines Richie!!


Friday, May 8, 2009

Makin' Stuff

Makin' stuff out of scrap is cool. Unless of course, you suck at it like me. Made a point cover from a piece of scrap aluminum plate in the metal scrap pile. Not bad for a first attempt. Slipped a couple times while engraving it, and there were some pretty deep pits that I couldn't sand out. I know better for next time though.